2K Games has unveiled the – rather extravagant looking – Collectors Edition for their upcoming title Mafia 3.
The Mafia 3 Collector’s Edition will come a load of extra goodies for fans of the series and fans of good old-school music; including the game (of course), the season pass, a 56-page art book, two art prints, replica dog tags for protagonist Lincoln Clay; and faux leather coasters emblazoned with logos for in-game night spots. The big addition to the CE is – and what music fans will love – two Vinyl LPs; with one featuring the game’s original soundtrack and one with a sampling of licensed ’60s tunes from Jimi Hendrix, The Rolling Stones, and more. Here’s the tracklist for the latter.
- “Black Ghost Blues” by Lightin’ Hopkins
- “Paint It, Black” by The Rolling Stones
- “Tramp” by Otis Redding & Carla Thomas
- “I Got My Mojo Working” by The Shadows of Knight
- “Walking The Dog” by Rufus Thomas
- “All Along The Watchtower” by Jimi Hendrix
- “Chain Gang” by Sam Cooke
- “I Let A Good Thing Go By” by Dewey Edwards
- “Go Go Shoes” by Lonnie Youngblood
- “Slip Away” by Clarence Carter
- “The House Of The Rising Sun” by The Animals
2K says this in its official blog that this is just “a small sampling of the 100-plus song in-game soundtrack” so expect plenty more classics to be found in the full game!
The Collector’s Edition is set to cost $149.99 (£110 roughly), but has thus far only been officially announced for release in the USA, but that is likely – hopefully – to change between now and Mafia 3’s October 7th release date.