Capcom are hitting us with the most substantial Street Fighter V update yet! The massive patch will drop 01/07/2016 and features the most content we have seen since the march update which added trial mode, in game store and more in depth practice options.
But enough of the old stuff, time to rhyme off what is new in the July update!
- Cinematic Story Mode – “A shadow falls” the full story mode expansion that we have been eagerly anticipating.
- Removal of Zenny currency – A more streamlined approach, Fight Money will be the only currency available now. Like most franchises, you will be able to purchase Fight Money with real world money as well as earning in game.
- Battle Costumes – The first DLC costumes to be available for purchase, each of the game’s cast will have an alternate battle outfit to purchase using Fight Money.
- New Stages – Las Vegas, Kanzuki Estate (Day), Forgotten Waterfall (Night) and Shadaloo Air Base (Night)
- New Character – Ibuki; purchasable using Fight Money. (Free to Season Pass holders)
- New Character – Balrog; purchasable using Fight Money. (Free to Season Pass holders)
- Online Improvements – Improvements made to matchmaking preferences, matchmaking speed and smarter matchmaking with improved match quality.
- Daily Challenges – Challenges that reward players with fight money upon completion.
The cinematic story mode is confirmed to feature all 6 DLC characters as playable, though they are said to be early in development so they are not complete but still, having the final 3 characters; Balrog, Juri and Urien, playable is quite an amazing move. The story mode will take place between the events of Street Fighter 4 and Street Fighter 3 and features the world warriors banding together to take on the evil M.Bison and his evil criminal organisation; Shadaloo.
Capcom have confirmed they are currently working on; Extra Battle Mode, Vs CPU mode, it will not be in this title update however but we can expect to see it implemented in the near future.
There is no word yet on the addition of an Arcade mode or the fan requested changes to Survival mode exclusive unlocks which sees the alternate colour schemes locked to completing survival courses per character, per costume.